Links and Resources
There are many resources for finding sento and onsen throughout Japan. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but these are the sites that I use. (If I left out your site, just send me an email and I'll put it up. -DK)
- Onsen Soaker [ Blogspot | Facebook ]
Out of the way, beautiful, and rare hot springs in Japan and around the world. I've been in contact with the writer of this site and she's also a really good person.
- Tokyo Sento [ Website | Instagram ]
- Sento Guide [ Website ]
This site has a huge list of places across Japan. Connected to Onsen Meijin below.
- Onsen Meijin [ Website ]
This site focuses on the wonderful city of Beppu and a Dutch resident who became an "Onsen Master" by visiting 88 of the springs.
- Decoding Kyoto: The Sento [ Website ]
- Onsen Blog by Sonoe [ Blog ]
- The Way of the Hot Springs [ Blogspot ]
Another guy who completed the 88 springs challenge in Beppu with his son. He was featured on NHK a few times.
- Beppu Navi [ Website ]
The official English language tourist site for Beppu.
- Onsen Japan [ Website ]
- Japan Baths [ Website ]
- Sento [ Wikipedia ]
- Onsen [ Wikipedia ]
- Gensenkakenagaski.net [ Website ]
- Onsen Hopper [ Website ]
- Sento Hopper [ Website ]
- Michiken Land [ Website ]
- Nikkan Sports - SentoNavi [ Website ]
- Supersentou [ Website ]
- Nyuyoku Report [ Website ]
- Tattoo Spot [ Website ]
One of the number one questions I get asked is where can people with tattoos try a Japanese bath. Here's a site with a list of places
More coming soon
Books and Magazines
- Getting Wet: Adventures in the Japanese Bath [ Amazon ]
More coming Soon